Sunday, February 24, 2013

Best Picture

Ok, I have just a little while to get this together. It's been a busy couple days!  Here's the last one I'm going to do.

The Academy has these nominees from which to choose:

Amour
Argo
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Django Unchained
Les Miserables
Life of Pi
Lincoln
Silver Linings Playbook
Zero Dark Thirty

And the Oscar goes to:

Lincoln. I think that the movie that wins in this category should have it all. It should be well written (check). It should have an amazing cast (check). It should have top-notch performances (check). It be clear in its directorial vision without it being heavy-handed (check).  It should have a great score (check). It should look amazing (check). It should have great costumes (check). It should be edited well (check).  You get the idea. I have seen a number of the other nominees, and the only other one that I think is close is Les Miserables. Silver Linings Playbook is really great, but it is missing in some of the other areas. 

So, one more time, let's have some fun with this.

Dream Nominees:

Skyfall
The Dark Knight Rises
The Avengers
Trouble with the Curve
Flight

And my Oscar would go to:

The Dark Knight Rises.  This is the best of the Dark Knight movies. I love the story, I love the casting, I love the way it looked.  I love that it surprised me in a couple places. I loved Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Christian Bale, Joseph Gordon Levitt, and Marion Collitard. The ending was THE BEST! This is one of those movies that would never win at the real Academy Awards, but it was a great movie that rode the line between intense and fun so well.

The red carpet is almost over. I need to get settled in for the broadcast.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment